Alumni and alumnus of Peradeniya Medical School are invited to join as members
of PeMSAA-UK. There are two categories of membership as explained below.
Irrespective of their undergraduate education, all academic staff of the Faculty of
Medicine Peradeniya and the Consultants of the Teaching Hospitals, affiliated with
Faculty of Medicine Peradeniya, involved with the teaching of the medical students
are welcome to join the PeMSAA-UK.
Full membership is available to any UK alumnus and the academic / Consultants
staff of the Peradeniya Medical School.
Associate Membership is available for the following categories
1) Trainees from SL on overseas postgraduate training & education
2) Dental Surgeons from Peradeniya pre1985 (when the Dental School was part
of the Medical School)
3) Children of PeMSAA members in UK who are medical graduates
4) Any UK undergraduate who has done an approved elective clinical or nonclinical
attachment at the Medical School or at Teaching Hospitals affiliated to
the Medical School
5) Any UK based medical professionals, who are actively engaged in research
and other collaborative work with the Medical School Peradeniya
6) Any professional who has an interest in the development the Faculty of
Annual Membership Fee: £25 per year
Annual Associate Membership Fee: £15 per yea
Life Membership Fee: £200
Life membership, over 70 years of age, Fee: £130
Life Associate Membership Fee: £100
Life Associate Membership over 70 years of age, Fee: £65
s: There will be a 10% discount on future PeMSAA-UK
event ticket price
Eligibility to become an elected member of the Executive
: Only an alumnus could be elected to the position of the
President, Secretary or Treasurer. All other paid up members are eligible to
be nominated to the PeMSAA-UK Executive Committee
Participation with activities supporting the Medical Faculty
- Opportunity to be involved in the projects of PeMSAA-UK such as the
Mentoring Programme and Career Guidance Programme
- Opportunity to share one’s Specialty experience at the Faculty of
Medicine by way of lectures, talks or seminars for trainees or staff.
• You will be part of an enthusiastic group of people supporting your alma
PeMSAA-UK organises an academic conference including a social event every two
years and a social event every year. The Annual General Meeting of the Association
will be held each year on the day of the academic or social event.
Becoming a member of PeMSAA-UK is one of the ways to support PeMSAA-UK to
raise funds that can be used for supporting undergraduates and for the development
projects at the Faculty.
We would kindly request all the UK alumni to register as annual or life-members to
help us to succeed in our endeavor.
Please phone / e-mail one of the committee members or visit the
website www.pemsaa.uk to become a member by online
Application form to join as paid members is available in this website
(www.pemsaa.uk). You can join online by completing an application form online or
printing a form and posting it, along with your membership fee.
Benefits of PeMSAA-UK Membership